Leading Questions: S1 E3 | Interracial Relationships in 2016
EPISODE TITLE: S1 E3 | Interracial Dating in 2016
Gregoire Eugene-Louis, Hannah Seo McPeak, Nikki Pardo, Billy Strawter
- What was your first experience in or witnessing an interracial relationship?
- What are some of the practical issues facing people in interracial relationships?
- Are black men who date outside of their race turning their back on their culture? Why or why not?
- Are white men who date Asian women guilty of fetishism?
- If a person has an attraction to a certain type—i.e. a black woman who likes white skin and blonde hair or a white man who likes Asian features or a black man who likes Hispanic culture and language—be considered a racist approach to dating? (This is about “having a type” being necessarily exclusionary.)
- Do you think the experience of potential bi-racial children should be considered as a deterrent?
- What are some ways that parents can educate their children on both sides of their heritage?